Have you always wanted to be a writer, but never thought it was possible?
Maybe it wasn’t … Until Now!
Your Five-Step Process To
Discover Your Voice, Master The Skills,
and Monetize Your Writing
You’ve always wanted to write. Now it’s time to fill in the details and launch something new!
The Art of Better Writing
Are you ready …
- To be the writer you’ve always dreamed of becoming.
- To discover your voice and find your purpose for sharing it with the world.
- Because you have a voice – a story – waiting deep inside ready to get noticed.
You just need the right tools to make it happen.
Hi, Lori Osterberg here.
It hit me when I was talking with a friend. She said, “I wish I could write like you. You write in so many ways, and make it look so easy. You’re selling books and products. You don’t have to worry about jobs and what’s going to happen when we move forward. You’re going to do well in this new world. I wish I had that. I’m scared of what my future holds.”
I comforted my friend, which is what she (and so many others) needs right now. I get it; these are scary times.
But I have to agree with her. Writing IS a career that’s always been here. And it will be for a long time to come.
I didn’t start out wanting to be a writer. Honestly, I never even considered it.
I worked in banking. Moved to accounting. And auditing.
But it didn’t take me long to realize my dream didn’t involve working in a corporate environment. I was meant to pave my own path. So I started up a photography business with my husband. (I know. Complete right brain/left brain thing going on there, right?)
We decided to specialize in wedding photography, and built a website to market to people around the world. This was back in the mid 1990s – we were one of the first to do it. The dot commers found us and hired us to photograph some of the most spectacular weddings around the country. When people asked – “How’d you do that?” – I answered by writing a book on it. Studio Without Walls was born.
So was my desire to become a writer.
I worked with a traditional publisher to write Studio Without Walls. That led me to:
- Self publish a color coffee table book I created with a publishing house in Singapore.
- Start up a blog to write about the business of photography
- Become a columnist on small business marketing with the Denver Business Journal
- Self publish over a dozen ebooks on Amazon teaching the business of photography
- Begin copywriting for other business owners in creative industries
- Ghostwrite and ghostblog for dozens of small businesses
- Write seven romance novels
- Write multiple books and inforproducts on women reinventing their lives after 40
- Create thousands of articles for my own personal blogs
- Author articles on dozens of sites and magazines, both online and print
For over a decade, I’ve made my money exclusively from my writing.
I’m a part of a very active mastermind, with Facebook groups and live trainings every single week. As I was sitting listening to the latest class, my coach spoke about creating a business that was future-proof.
Lights went on, bells started dinging … I knew at that moment I had a job to do.
I went back to that conversation I’d had recently with a friend.
“I wish I could write like you. You write in so many ways, and make it look so easy. You’re selling books and products. You don’t have to worry about jobs and what’s going to happen when we move forward. I want your job!”
This is a job that’s easy to jump into. More importantly, the writing industry is booming! Just look at all the different writer classes you find online. I know. I’ve taken a lot of them myself.
But here’s the thing. A lot of people jump into writing without thinking about the long term. They don’t think how it will fit into their lives. They don’t think beyond “one epic book” or getting a writing gig with “just one client”. They focus narrowly on one specific thing without looking at the big picture.
They don’t consider how important it is to hone in on their craft. They don’t contemplate possibilities. They never consider how writing could be more … how writing may just be all they need from this point forward.
I’m going to change that right now.
Who you are:
- You’re someone who loves to write
- You see yourself writing more in your future, but you don’t know how it fits into your life
- You’re considering new careers and the thought of being a writer is exhilarating
- You’re ready to learn all you can about writing for the new world – it’s a virtual world, baby!
- You’re eager to learn a new craft and make changes to your writing style
- You’re open to possibilities and want to find a new direction for your writing
- You want to see how writing is growing as a business opportunity … and how you can make money from it too
- You’re ready to write – because I’m going to give you prompts and have you writing from day one. That’s the only way to grow!
We’re going to cover:
- How to find your own authentic voice. Personality is everything with today’s writing.
- Build a daily habit of writing to get better at your craft.
- Discover the most important tools for today’s writer. Hint – it’s all about being findable and likeable in the new online world.
- What it means to be social and a connector with your writing style.
- 10 opportunities for bringing in income as a writer. (These are tips and tricks you can use immediately!)
- How to set goals, achieve success, and develop a plan that can have you writing, adding value, and making money with your new skill-set today!
What you’ll receive:
- 6 livestream videos where we work together on teaching you to be a better writer. Don’t worry if you miss one; I’ll be recording them too. That way you can refer to them again and again. But try to come. It’s the only way you’ll be able to ask questions as you think of them, and participate in the online discussion.
- Writing prompts along the way. You can’t get better at the craft of writing if you aren’t writing! So I’ll give you a variety of tasks and homework for you to complete.
- Resources and tools that should be a part of every writers toolbox. I’ve spent a decade perfecting the process, and I’m going to share it all with you.
- Real advice from a writer who has made her living writing in multiple niches. Whether you want to write for clients, author a novel, write for magazines, or simply write more intuitively for your favorite blog, I’ve been there … and have advice for you.
And don’t forget the extras …
- I want this to be a unique experience for those who join. I want you to succeed, no matter what you choose to do with your writing. That’s why you’ll have access to our private Facebook group where you can continue our conversations long after the course is done.
- You’ll also receive a few extra surprises from me! I love getting unexpected surprises. You too? That’s why I’ll be sending out a toolkit to help motivate you along.
- You’ll get a rare look behind the scenes of what it means to be a writer in today’s “new world”. If you’re looking for skills you can carry forward when we all go back to “life”, this may be your perfect opportunity to see it in a bright, new way.
- And don’t forget, you’ll be working with me – I’ll be your coach, your guide, your Q&A expert. If you have a question, you’ll get the answer. And develop a plan that will impact your lifestyle long after the last class is through.
Here are the details!
Monday, May 11th, 11:00am Pacific Time
Tuesday, May 12th, 11:00am Pacific Time
Wednesday, May 13th, 11:00am Pacific Time
Monday, May 18th, 11:00am Pacific Time
Tuesday, May 19th, 11:00am Pacific Time
Wednesday, May 20th, 11:00am Pacific Time
All sessions will be recorded. While being on the call with us live will give you opportunity to interact and ask questions, we understand that’s not always possible.
Have any further questions? Just ask!
The Art of Better Writing
What women are saying …
“What an amazing amount of material. Thanks for being an excellent instructor. I never knew a lot of this information existed before now, and I’ll be having fun designing and growing my blog in the coming months thanks to what I learned from you. Do you have a step by step class too, I would love to get hands on help as I’m a visual learner.” ~Kathy
“Thanks, Lori. I’m so glad I’ve taken both classes; they were great and have filled me with anticipation and excitement to get started with both my new businesses. My partner and I have worked solid for a week now on our new ideas, and none of that would have been accomplished so quickly without your help.” ~Laurel L
“This was an amazing amount of material, great presentation, almost to the point of being overwhelming. I came to simply learn more about blogging and I’m walking away with a lot of ideas on how I can take my idea to a whole different level. Thanks Lori.” ~Nancy K.
“Thank you, Lori! We are both very appreciative of your time, input and encouragement. I never expected such wonderfully detailed and thought-provoking information and response.” ~Tami
One Last Thought …
This is a brand new class offering, just for you. I haven’t offered a live, interactive class in several years due to my crazy schedule. But staying in place at home these past few weeks has made me want to start something new. I’m limiting The Art of Better Writing to only 25 participants because I want this to be a hands-on experience. I will be personally helping you and answering your questions, which means I want the class small so I can devote my time to you. Once these 25 slots are gone, I’m closing this down. I may create a product around this, but probably won’t be offering this “LIVE” version again. If this interests you, I encourage you to sign up now.
I’m excited to share my ideas with you!
The Art of Better Writing